When it comes to potatoes, Canada has a well-earned reputation as a global leader. Whether it’s seed, tablestock, processed products or technology, customers the world over know they can depend on Canadian quality and value. Sustainable agronomic practices and innovative technologies make Canadian potato producers leaders in their field.
But there’s much more to our story. The Canadian potato industry is supported by a modern, dynamic infrastructure:
- A government-backed national seed certification program that is among the most comprehensive and stringent in the world
- A dedicated network of potato scientists working in state-of-the-art research facilities across Canada to further strengthen our industry’s leadership position
- Public and private breeding programs focused on developing new varieties with improved disease resistance and reduced input requirements
- Generations of grower experience utilizing the latest technologies and varieties to produce top quality, high yielding crops
- Leading potato trading and processing companies that are recognized the world over
Add our natural advantages – harsh winters, temperate summers and fertile soils – and it’s easy to see why Canada is a world leader.